[lug] cheap 802.11b for linux...

Peter Hutnick peter at fpcc.net
Fri Mar 22 13:12:42 MST 2002

On Friday 22 March 2002 10:37 am, Rob Nagler wrote:
> That being said, there are more powerful access points.  I don't have
> the cash to try out a Cisco box for fun.  Does anybody have experience
> with the more high-powered access points in WIN (wireless internet
> neighborhood(tm)) configurations?

Are you aware of this (http://www.maokhian.com/wireless/wap11.html)?  There
is a link there to a text file that explains how to do the hack.

This result has been disputed.  I'd send you a link to someone who claims his
wap11 is clean at 100mw, but slashdot is all screwy right now, so I can't
find it. :-(

I'd say it's worth a try, see if you get a better connection or not.  You can
always set it back if it doesn't get you further or faster.

-Peter