[lug] Last Hackingsociety Meeting Minutes

Kevin Fenzi kevin at scrye.com
Fri Mar 22 19:51:24 MST 2002

We all have a fun time and got some good work done on projects.

Consider Joining us for our next meeting (Next thursday the 28th).

Meeting Minutes

Kevin Fenzi:

Worked on the xml Security HOWTO. Looked over he jadetex
output. Talked about wireless and wireless cards. Worked on getting
openoffice to build. Got it building by the end of the
evening. Hopefully I can make an RPM for it soon.

Ed Hill

Attended my first Hacking Society meeting and (1) tried out WLAN for
the first time (many thanks to Jonathan and Kevin for loaner cards and
helpful advice), (2) downloaded, built, and started learning the
Matrix Template Library.

Jonathan Conway

Did sneaker-net RR balancing of 802.11b cards in an attempt to figure
out why the Orinocos worked fine on some laptops and not others,
plowed into the 76K of Getopt::Declare documentation (first thoughts:
cool, well designed, intimidatingly well documented), looked on in
horror as Ed confessed his liking for C-shell, and tweaked some
metadata editing code for the "get rid of the filing cabinets"
project. Displayed the results of someone else's medieval Venetian
steganography.

Robert George Mayer

I brought a laptop that had just been loaded with KRUD. Kevin helped
me get X11 working, I configured it to be a ppp dial-up server, and I
started to get an application working under wine.