[lug] Zaurus SL-5500 PDA

rise rise at knavery.net
Mon Mar 25 17:52:17 MST 2002

On Mon, 25 Mar 2002, Dhruva B. Reddy wrote:

> Unfortunately, they have chosen to restrict access by those with
> anything other than Netscape 4.x or IE.

Yep, and the idiot marketroid who made that decision is pretty rude about
it - "Upgrade Your Browser" in umpty-big type.  I don't take orders from
people trying to sell me a product.  If you look at the source they've
commented out the HTML that says:

"The Sharp-USA site uses DHTML and other advanced techniques supported by
Netscape Version 4 and Internet Explorer Version 4 and above.  We are in
the process of upgrading so that Netscape Version 6 will be supported.  We
apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you."

Now that sounds a little more sane and friendly, I wonder which crack
weasel decided to remove it from view.

Jonathan Conway						      rise at knavery.net
history is paling & my surge protection failed, & so I FRIED
						- Concrete Blonde, "Fried"