[lug] Zaurus SL-5500 PDA

ljp ljp at llornkcor.com
Tue Mar 26 19:16:10 MST 2002

On Monday 25 March 2002 05:38 pm, you wrote:
> It looks like Sharp is / has released their linux pda.
> http://www.sharp-usa.com/products/FunctionLanding/0,1050,29,00.html
>
> I'm pretty sure this is the release version of the SL-5000D pda we got the
> fine presentation on a few months back.  It runs $500, but it's the first
> pda I've been tempted to buy.  That qwerty keyboard is neat.
>
> Has anyone sen one in the wild yet?

Not a 5500, but I just received my second 5000d.. cause I won in the beta
round (3rd place) in Trolltechs contest..
http://www.zauruszone.com/wiki/index.php?ContestEntries
http://www.trolltech.com/company/announce.html?Action=Show&AID=89

now onto the finals!!

WOOOHOOOO!!!!

I'm now heavily involved with the Opie project
http://opie.handhelds.org

5000d's are still available for a little less..

ljp