[lug] ISP for antispam recommendations?

D. Stimits stimits at idcomm.com
Tue Mar 26 20:47:31 MST 2002

I'm wondering if anyone here has an ISP in the Boulder/Longmont area
that offers customized front-ends so that I could set up a personal
blacklist of domains or senders to reject? I want it at the ISP level
because I don't want to spend the bandwidth to download the 200 or so
spams I get per day. Even if I don't read them and I delete as fast as I
can, each morning I would have to spend at least half an hour repeatedly
hitting the delete button. Lately I've reported them all to spamcop, my
ISP claims that use blackhole lists, but they unfortunately seem to
override it in the worst cases. I'm thinking it might be time to dump my
ISP for someone that actually helps. In my location only 56k is
available, there are no lines capable of DSL here, and so far cable
modem service is non-existent. I consider the wireless solutions
inferior due to the desire to have consistent low-latency connections
(and last time I checked, less than a year ago, I was at the edge of
normal range anyway).

D. Stimits, stimits at idcomm.com