[lug] DNS question [was: Empty boot and message files in var log?]

rm at fabula.de rm at fabula.de
Wed Mar 27 11:14:28 MST 2002

On Wed, Mar 27, 2002 at 10:45:35AM -0700, Elyse Grasso wrote:
> As far as the named problems: the dns servers at my employer's ISP are not
> reporting the existence of mail.releaseteam.com reliably. Checking whether
> there are problems in the dns servers in my local network is kind of
> difficult with no messages in the logs.

Hmm, i checked 'releaseteam.com.' from several nameservers over here (all over
the country), none of the servers was able to find any records for the given
domain.

Who is supposed to be authorative for this domain? According to the InterNIC
database Webaccess.net should be the authorative DNS server, but  my queries
to this server return failures.

  Ralf