[lug] pppd dropping after connection

Elyse Grasso emgrasso at data-raptors.com
Thu Mar 28 09:03:31 MST 2002

What's odd is that my desktop Linux machine came up fine with the new values.
When I set up kppp on the laptop (where I was having the wvdial problems) it
worked fine, even though wvdial still fails there.

I think there may be something odd about the connection to the pcmcia modem
in the laptop, vs the PCI internal modem in the desktop machine. (And I'm
pretty sure whatever it is broke between RedHat 7.0 and 7.1. The upgrade to
7.1 is when the wvdial and related apps started to be a bit flakey on the
laptop.)