[lug] DNS question [was: Empty boot and message files in var log?]

Mark Horning rip6 at rip6.net
Thu Mar 28 17:34:24 MST 2002

Daniel Webb wrote:

>>yeah... that's why our email has been hosed for 2 days.  grrr.
>>
>>I'm contacting frii.com today to see about switching over to their service,
>>since people in blug seem happy with them.
>>

>  Has anyone here used The Public DNS Server
>http://soa.granitecanyon.com/
>?
>
>  I'm setting up a simple site just for kicks and thought free sounded
>good.

I used them for about 2 years and never had a problem until........
I got zapped by the @home thing. It took a while for me to get it
fixed. They do not support you, you can't get to any of the support
or information links they give you, etc.....
You get what you pay for. I would recommend dyndns.org

Mark

--

Mark Horning
rip6 at rip6.net