[lug] DNS problems

Elyse Grasso emgrasso at data-raptors.com
Tue Apr 2 13:06:38 MST 2002

Does her machine have a lan connection as well as the ppp? I find that when
that is the case, the gateway doesn't get set correctly when the ppp
connection is constructed. Try doing a route -n and make sure the default
gateway is set to ppp0, or just add a route to the universe via ppp0.

(I use 'route add -net 0.0.0.0 netmask 0.0.0.0 dev ppp0' which is bogus but
seems to let things talk to the offsite nameservers...)

Hope this helps.