[lug] DNS problems

Hugh Brown hugh at vecna.com
Tue Apr 2 13:13:37 MST 2002

don't know about KRUD, but the defaults on RH may create a firewall that
blocks access to dns servers.

I would also try and use dig to try and track down the problem.

i.e. find out what the nameservers are after connecting.
ping them to make sure they are responding, dig www.yahoo.com,

or dig @someotherserver www.yahoo.com

output should be informative.

Hugh