[lug] 3 button scroll mouse

Tkil tkil at scrye.com
Thu Apr 4 12:14:10 MST 2002

>>>>> "jd" == j davis <j> writes:

jd> maybe next time if your so annoyed by my messages you can try not
jd> replying, if i know something, i am more than happy to tell...even
jd> if its in the man page

i view it more as a case of teaching someone to fish.  in this case, i
happened to give you a fish for today, as well.  as for being annoyed,
i wasn't particulary.

put another way, it's wise to save resources (in this case, experts)
for when you really need them; if you can help yourself first, it's
better for you: (1) you get a faster response; (2) you will probably
learn something; and (3) the experts don't get tired of answering the
same simple questions over and over again.

this is why FAQ files exist.  there's the reasonable question of
"well, how do i find the appropriate FAQ?" -- which is really what i
was answering when i made the point about using google.

(in this particular case, it surprises me that the redhat installer
didn't configure the scroll mouse for you -- i know it's worked "out
of the box" for me before...)

t.