[lug] recompile kernel

Robert George Mayer mayer at acm.org
Fri Apr 5 08:56:14 MST 2002

Yuko Jonah wrote:

> i was trying to recompile the kernel on redhat 7.2
> yesterday to my surprise when i cd to /usr/src/linux
> it return could not be found.
> Yuko Jonah
> yuko_j at yahoo.com

Yuko -

I assume that you mean that there is no entry for 'linux'
in /usr/src.  I think that Red Hat stopped putting in the
linux link in RH 7 or RH 7.1.  There is still a link
called linux-2.4 to the current source tree.  Some packages,
such a third-party drivers, still want the linux link.
So just enter the next line.

ln -s /usr/src/linux-2.4 /usr/src/linux

Hope this helps.

- BOB

--
                       Robert George Mayer
          370 Canyonside Drive  Boulder, Colorado 80302
              303-444-2548            mayer at acm.org