[lug] smtps setup

Riggs, Rob RRiggs at doubleclick.net
Fri Apr 5 09:52:00 MST 2002

Sounds plausible.

HELP show "STARTTLS" in the list of commands, but "ELHO localhost" doesn't
show it as a supported command. And setting up the certs as per README.cf
results in "Warning: Option: CACERTPath requires TLS support" (along with
others) in the syslog during Sendmail startup.

I'm surprised that Red Hat didn't enable TLS support. The Exim and Postfix
RPMS in Powertools used to be TLS enabled (FWIHR).

Maybe I can convince Kevin to enable it in KRUD. ;-)

-Rob