[lug] (no subject)

CJ Millisock chesterjosiah at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 7 14:20:47 MDT 2002

When I try to start kde 3, it loads a grey a screen and I get an error message saying, "Couldn't start kdeinit.  Check your installation."  Then it says, "There was an error setting up inter-process communications for KDE.  The message returned by the system was:
Could not read networkconnection list.
/root/.DCOPserver_CJosiah__0
Please check that the "dcopserver" program is running!"

Then I get another message saying, "Couldn't start ksmserver. Check your installation."

Then when I click okay, it logs me back out to the console.

Any help?  Thanks in advance.
-CJ-