[lug] parsing tool for linux

Keith Herold Herold at Colorado.EDU
Sun Apr 7 20:40:27 MDT 2002

Well, yes, I realize it is a tokenizer; but, I want what a *C* compiler
thinks is a token, not what I think a C compiler thinks is a token.  If I
try to replicate the grammar of C, I *will* screw it up.  I would really
like to know what C is treating as names of variables and functions for a
given source file, and that means that C has to know what is and is not a
function, variable, operator, etc.

What I am trying to avoid is me writing incomplete/incorrect grammars, and
thus building a language model that isn't correct, because I did something
wrong.  If there is a parser out there that will output the symbol table,
plus the operators/characters, than I can pipe that output and the original
source file to another tool (that I already have) to count up the
coocurrences.

--Keith