[lug] evolution mail dead after upgrade

Charles Morrison cmorrison at greeleynet.com
Mon Apr 8 08:10:26 MDT 2002

Hi,

I upgraded KRUD last month and I discovered that evolution would no
longer do email. I couldn't even get to old email. When I start it up I
get the following messages:

evolution-shell-WARNING **: Error setting owner on component
OAFIID:GNOME_Evolution_Mail_ShellComponent -- CORBA error

evolution-shell-WARNING **: Error changing interactive status of
component OAFIID:GNOME_Evolution_Mail_ShellComponent to TRUE --
IDL:CORBA/COMM_FAILURE:1.0

I contacted the help list for evolution and they said it was an oaf
problem and closed the report. I've uninstalled and reinstalled both
evolution and oaf with no change in behaviour.

Has anyone else had this problem and solved it ? I'd love to know the
solution.

Chuck