[lug] smbmnt path problem, PATH used by 'mount'

Elyse Grasso emgrasso at data-raptors.com
Wed Apr 10 14:39:20 MDT 2002

If I run smbmount on the command line as root, it works.

If I put the same parameters into /etc/fstab and try to use mount, I get the
following error:

execvp of smbmnt failed. Error was No such file or directory.smbmnt failed: 1

 which smbmnt
/usr/sbin/smbmnt

I found a FAQ that says the error message means that smbmnt needs to be added
to the PATH, but it is in the path.... otherwise smbmount and which would not
find it.

What does mount use as its PATH? Where should I put (or link) smbmnt so that
mount can find it?