[lug] Creating audio CDs

Ronald Kumon ronkumon at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 10 12:33:24 MDT 2002

I am trying to create an audio CD from another audio CD using xcdroast.
According to the documentation, the first step is to read the audio tracks
from the CD and convert them to .wav files.  When I do this using the
"Read Tracks" menu, xcdroast spawns cdda2wav to convert the audio track to
a .wav file using the command (for example):

cdda2wav -D 2,0,0 -g -v2 -O wav -t 1 -S 48 -i 1 -P 0 -n 75 /usr/image

I have found that it has been taking 1.5 to 2 hours to do the conversion
of these 2.5 to 3.5 minute tracks.  Is this typical? I have a 48X speed
IDE CD-ROM writing to a SCSI Ultra 3 hard drive on a dual Pentium III 9333
MHz machine with 1 GB RAM (the IDE drive is running under SCSI emulation).
By default, the sectors for overlap sampling is set to zero, and the
sectorburst is set to 75.  Is there a way to speed this up?  Is there a
better way?
--Ron