[lug] Creating audio CDs

David A. Merritt dmerritt at dimensional.com
Wed Apr 10 21:16:06 MDT 2002

Hi.  I have a Pent. III, 700, 768 MB ram, TDK CDRW 24-10-40.  I use
xcdroast v. 0.98alpha8, and just ripped an audio CD that has 14
tracks (about 400 MB).  It took 3 minutes 30 seconds, and I was
ripping at only 20x.  Something isn't quite right with your
systems.  My cdda2wav command line looks like this while ripping:

cdda2wav -D 2,1,0 -g -O wav -S 20 -v30 -P 0 -n 75 -B

followed by the names of each wave file, ie:

/data/cdr/temp/track-01.wav  ...

Also, my config is the same as yours vis-a-vis overlap sampling == 0
and sector burst == 75.

I don't see anything in your cdda2wav command that is significantly
different from mine except that mine uses -B (bulk).  Don't know why
xcdroast would emit that arg on one system and not another.

Your command line does explicitly select track 1 (-t 1) and it does
specify a start index (-i 1), but I don't know why that would cause
a problem.

Sorry that doesn't answer your question relative to getting there
faster, just that there certainly is something wrong and you
shouldn't accept those speeds.

-dam