[lug] smbmnt path problem, PATH used by 'mount'

Hugh Brown hugh at vecna.com
Thu Apr 11 06:24:42 MDT 2002

This is what I have in my /etc/fstab

//hostname/sharename       /mnt/smb        smbfs
defaults,uid=hugh,credentials=/etc/smb.credentials 0  0

(except that it is all on one line)

I am using a stock RH 7.2 machine (with updates applied).

The mount man page says that it looks for /sbin/mount.smb  to deal with
mounting smb filesystems.  On my systems /sbin/mount.smb and
/sbin/mount.smbfs are both links to /usr/bin/smbmount

I would check permissions on all of the above files to make sure
everything has execute privileges.

Hugh