[lug] [Fwd: Adios, Internet Radio]

Rob Riggs rob at pangalactic.org
Thu Apr 11 09:44:32 MDT 2002

Internet Radio is not dead. Internet Radio in the US may by dying, but
the RIAA does not (yet) have a worldwide reach, and most other western
countries will deal with this issue in a far more sane manner than the
US.

This article is both sensationalistic and myopic. The whole of the
internet does not fall under US jurisdiction. There are lots of equally
good European sites out there that I listen to regularly and they won't
have to face the dangers of US politics.

In related news, BBC Radio is testing OGG streams:

http://support.bbc.co.uk/cgi-bin/oggurl/6music.ogg.m3u
http://support.bbc.co.uk/cgi-bin/oggurl/radio4.ogg.m3u

You'll need the Ogg/Vorbis RC3 packages installed to listen in.

-Rob