[lug] mount question

j davis davis_compz at hotmail.com
Thu Apr 11 13:49:20 MDT 2002

cool, it works ...i mounted vfat partion with uid and gid of 501...now my
user
kelly (uid 501) can write to it.....this is all being done so i can smbmount
the drive to my ftpserver...when i use smbmount specifing uid and gid 501
from my ftp
server i cant write to the vfat when im a user with uid gid 501.when i issue
the mount command i get /192.168.0.2/share /files smbmount(0)...any guesses?

thanks
jd

recap..
                          smbmount->
win/linux box      ---------------------> linux ftp server
booted to linux                            smbmount uid gid 501
mounted vfat uid gid 501
writable buy uid gid 501                   unwritable uid gid 501