Ogg Devices, was: [lug] [Fwd: Adios, Internet Radio]

Scott A. Herod herod at interact-tv.com
Thu Apr 11 13:52:11 MDT 2002

Unfortunately, you've summed it up pretty well.  Unless there
is hardware support, ogg will never become anything but a novelty.
(Shades of betamax.)

The MPEG 4 book that I have laying around states it pretty nicely,
patent holders have incentive to get their technology adopted and
will make deals with hardware manufacturers.

Scott