[lug] smbmnt path problem, PATH used by 'mount'

Nate Duehr nate at natetech.com
Thu Apr 11 15:55:11 MDT 2002

You can't put the smbmnt command directly in /etc/fstab... it has to be
in fstab format...

A quick Google search with "samba" + "fstab" came up with...

http://www.linuxplanet.com/linuxplanet/tutorials/2047/3/

Take a look at those fstab entries.

Also, if there's a chance that your machine you're mounting may not be
up and running at boot time, you may want to look into using autofs or
similar, expecially if the information on the other machine isn't
accessed often, etc... up to you...

Also this looks promising... good links and instructions on here...

http://twiki.org/cgi-bin/view/Wikilearn/SambaMount

Hope that's a helpful place to start...

Nate, nate at natetech.com