[lug] wireless points in Boulder

Sean Reifschneider jafo at tummy.com
Sat Apr 13 18:53:38 MDT 2002

On Thu, Apr 11, 2002 at 06:02:55PM -0600, rise wrote:
>There's a low activity discussion going on over on the BURN list about
>implementing IPSEC (which Windows finally has some halfway-functional
>support for) to do this.  The main problem seems to be accommodating

I like CIPE because it's a really easy install, compared to the IPSec I've
tried in the past.  CIPE is available on Windows, and uses regular UDP to
tunnel the packets..  Plus, you can use CIPE interfaces as a bridge
interface...  Nice to bridge ethernet to CIPE.  Perhaps that would even
allow you to roam while still retaining the same IP?

Sean
--
 Competence, like truth, beauty, and contact lenses, is in the eye of
 the beholder.  -- Dr. Laurence J. Peter