[lug] Video gone haywire

Ken Weinert mc at morat.net
Sun Apr 14 07:23:13 MDT 2002

On Saturday 13 Apr 2002 14:23, you wrote:
> Ken Weinert wrote:
> > Any thoughts on why my video should have suddenly gone haywire?
> > Neither hardware nor software has changed, it just suddenly stopped
> > working. Any ideas if the card or monitor is the more likely suspect?
> D. Stimits, stimits at idcomm.com

	Or it could have all been a lie. *sigh*

	A RedCarpet update actually managed to update my system from using the last
3.X version of XFree to the current 4.X version of XFree. Evidently the
driver *still* doesn't work for this card, or perhaps I need to try to
reconfigure again with the updated XFree.

	I finally noticed that X was linked to Xwrapper instead of XF86_SVGA -
restoring the link restored my video.

	Thanks for the help and sorry for the red herring.

Ken Weinert   mc at morat.net
GnuPG KeyID: 9274F1CE           GnuPG available at http://www.gnupg.org/
GnuPG Key Fingerprint: 1D87 3720 BB77 4489 A928  79D6 F8EC DD76 9274 F1CE
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.