[lug] What do you do about hackers (in the current sense of uninvited obnoxious intruders)

Paul Bille Paul at ebille.cudenver.edu
Sun Apr 14 15:25:30 MDT 2002

Name:    pD95221C8.dip.t-dialin.net
Address:  217.82.33.200

Name:    p50805C7E.dip.t-dialin.net
Address:  80.128.92.126

>  I don't know if this was the same IP

It's a different IP from Friday but on the same domain.

> "resistance is not futile"

True.  CUDenver was setting up a lot of new NT servers.  As soon as they'd
go on line, they were hit with Code Red and began probing other systems
including my own.  I notified the folks at CUDenver and it sputtered to a
halt.  Occasionally it happens again but they have the network people have a
proceedure in place to handle it.  All I have to do is notify them.

Paul
http://bille.cudenver.edu/author