[lug] new kernel

Timothy C. Klein teece at silverklein.net
Sun Apr 14 23:24:14 MDT 2002

Nah, this is just fine.  I have 512 MB of ram, 95% of it is used.  The
disk cache and buffers shrink on demand if some other program(s)
begins to need RAM.  If not, the delayed, in bulk disk-writes allowed by
caching to main memory improve performance.

All is well.  Except perhaps that your first custom kernel was a
development one.  You ready for things to blow up?  Why did you chose
2.5.5?  Why not 2.4.18 or maybe 2.4.19pre whatever we are up to?

HTH,

Tim