[lug] Movie project

Warren Sanders sanders at montanalinux.org
Tue Apr 16 08:18:50 MDT 2002

I am looking for what might be available for simply recording a selected
desktop such as screen 2 on KDE.  What I plan to do is record sound off
a phone conference and merge it with the demonstration the conference is
holding without sound via the web using something similar to
Netmeeting.  They do application sharing and whiteboard stuff in the
demonstration.  What I plan to do is run rdesktop to a windows box that
will have this app. share running.  I'd like to be able to record this
desktop to a low quality video, then later merge the phone conference to
the movie and ultimately write it to CD.

Anyone know of anything that can do this or come close to it?  What
might I be looking at as far as file size also?  Some of these
conferences may last up to 6 hours with several breaks.  I'd also want
to be able to switch to other desktops without interrupting the
recording and not have the recording follow me; I want it to stay with
the desktop 2.

Thanks for any of your assistance,

--
Warren Sanders