[lug] Autoconf ?: PREFIX at compile time

Scott A. Herod herod at interact-tv.com
Wed Apr 17 17:02:06 MDT 2002

Hello,

  A brief autoconf question: Is there a standard way to tell
source code what autoconf's PREFIX variable is at compile time?
I have code that needs to look for configuration files which
should end up in ${prefix}/etc/ after an install.  ( I can tell
the code at runtime how to find it's config files but I want to
set the "correct" default if make install is used. )

  I guess using a -DINSTALL_PREFIX=@PREFIX@ on my compile line
would work.  But is there a way to place such a macro in the
config.h file?

Thanks,

Scott
herod at interact-tv.com