[lug] OT: Saving Greek in Postgresql

John Starkey jstarkey at advancecreations.com
Thu Apr 18 01:00:54 MDT 2002

On Wed, 2002-04-10 at 07:00, rm at fabula.de wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 10, 2002 at 04:00:22AM -0600, D. Stimits wrote:
> Might be an awfully silly question, but how is the encoding of the HTML
> input form set?
>
> I'd also second D. doubts about PHP's type safeness.
> Could you look at a dump of your request when it comes in to see how
> the data actually is encoded (i use tcpdump/ethereal for that)?

Sorry for the incredible delay in getting back to this. I'm in the
middle of a move and trying to finish up a few projects.

I went in and recoded the php file to echo the form vars. It came back
as nonsense. The form is XHTML 1 and encoded UTF-8. I'm wondering now
whether Apache is cramming the data. Is there a setting in apache for
locales? I've tried the languages setting, but nothing changed and it
didn't really make sense that it'd be related. I guess research on that
end is the next step.

Thanks much.

John