[lug] Virus software for Linux

Ferdinand Schmid fschmid at archenergy.com
Thu Apr 18 13:09:19 MDT 2002

John Starkey wrote:

> Am I missing something? Or is there a market for this now?
>
> My conspiracy theory side thinks Microsoft is backing this to spread
> it's FUD, or the developers are feeding off the insecurities of others,
> as they switch to Linux. And my fried side thinks I've missed something,
> and there are viruses being spread in the Linux world now.

<snip>
I have done virus scanning on Linux for years to protect our Windows
clients.  My mail server scans all incoming and outgoing mail and my
file server occasionally goes through its 0.5 TB to check for viruses.
This is all done using McAfee's uvscan and its sole purpose is to
protect Windows computers.  I would expect the same with this company's
product.

Ferdinand

--
Ferdinand Schmid