[lug] Linux jobs in Boulder/Denver?

John Karns jkarns at csd.net
Thu Apr 18 11:10:59 MDT 2002

On Wed, 17 Apr 2002, D. Stimits said:

> I agree, I have something to add though. I suspect that employers have
> expected certain things to work based on their prior estimates of job
> descriptions and requirements; they didn't really know what was needed,
> and ended up disappointed. Now I see an overreaction that if a certain
> description did not result in what they wanted, that adding more
> requirements would make up for their own inability to figure out what
> really makes success. Past failure seems to lead to some attempt to get
> it right the next time, via more of the same views that made it fail
> before. The Superman/Wonder Woman concept is just another of the
> evolving series of faery tales on magic formulas to get rich quick.

My 2 cents:

Both of the above comments are examples of the now rampant myopia in the
corporate executive offices.  And one of the main driving forces to have
brought about the current circumstance (i.e., glut in the technical
fields)  has been the rash of coprorate mergers which have been the norm
over the past 10 - 15 years.  The logical end result is one or two super
corps which only have need for one IT dept.

John Karns                                        jkarns at csd.net