[lug] Linux & NT email

Andrew Diederich diederic at boulder.net
Thu Apr 18 21:47:51 MDT 2002

I believe what you want to do is setup a send-only mailserver on your linux
box.  Sendmail talks about smarthosts, and I think the other popular
mailservers use the same generic lingo, here.

A smarthost is just the mail server upstream from you that takes care of
delivering all your mail.  You just send all your mail to it, and let it
take care of you (err, of it for you).

I haven't used qmail before, but postfix has an entry for this on their FAQ
page http://www.postfix.org/faq.html#null_client.

--
Andrew