[lug] i got hacked

D. Stimits stimits at idcomm.com
Fri Apr 19 11:27:43 MDT 2002

"Sexton, George" wrote:

> I don't think its quite that easy. The tripwire database is signed.

I've heard of cases where kernel modules are made to lie about tripwire
checksums by finding out what the checksums are prior to actual
replacement of files. If you really want a guarantee that the tripwire
is correct, you must keep your checksums and all code needed to do
verifications on a separate medium not reachable by the cracker.

D. Stimits, stimits at idcomm.com