[lug] Re: spell-check for evolution

Warren Sanders sanders at montanalinux.org
Fri Apr 19 14:21:18 MDT 2002

On Fri, 2002-04-19 at 11:45, Rob Riggs wrote:
> I agree. After installing gnome-spell from Ximian, the misspelled words
> are underlined and a "Spell check document..." option appears under the
> "Edit" menu. The spell checker does appear to be working properly.
>
> Thanks to all that responded!
>
> -Rob
>
> On Fri, 2002-04-19 at 11:28, Hugh Brown wrote:
> > when I look at the email  I see the misspelled words underlined in red
> > and when I ran the spell check it found all of your misspellings and
> > proffered alternatives for all of them.
> >
> > rpm -q aspell gnome-spell evolution libgtkhtml20
> > aspell-0.33.7-1
> > gnome-spell-0.4-ximian.2
> > evolution-1.0.3-ximian.4
> > libgtkhtml20-1.0.2-ximian.1
> >
> > Hugh

After some forceful reinstalls, I installed all Ximian versions of the
needed binaries on my Mandrake system.  After this I had some severe
memory leakage so bad after this install, I restarted X and tried
Evolution again.  This time proved much better and my real-time spell
check is now functional.  Possibly due to using Ximian binaries or
restarting X.

Thanks!

PS: Now I wish Evolution wouldn't display marked deleted IMAP emails.
Also wish it didn't display the new emails in the inbox that are
pre-filtered mail.

--
Warren Sanders
http://MontanaLinux.Org