[lug] Lunching appt

rm at fabula.de rm at fabula.de
Mon Apr 22 03:29:04 MDT 2002

On Thu, Apr 18, 2002 at 06:33:59PM -0600, D. Stimits wrote:
> Yuko Jonah wrote:
> >
> > I just downloaded some winmaker dock appt, after
> > untaring them, how do i set it up that they can be
> > lunch each time i boot my computer.

I'd love to have lunch every time my comuter boots :-)

> Typical is to add it to your rc.d/rc.local file. If redhat, there will
> be /etc/rc.d/rc.local. Base directory may be different on other
> distributions. You must be root to edit that file.

Hmm, i know the question was about 'every time the computer boots', but
WindowMaker is a window manager and hence gets started as the last application
during an x session. I'd fiddle with the WindowMaker configuration files. A
quick look at the manpages ('man wmaker'), section 'Files':

 ~/GNUstep/Library/WindowMaker/autostart
              This script is automatically executed  when  Window
              Maker is started.

So you need to put such a file into the 'GNUstep/Library/WindowMaker' directory
in you home directory and add a line like this:

 your_wm_app &

Don't forget to make the file executable ('chmod 700 ~/GNUstep/Library/WindowMaker/autostart')
and you probably want to make shure that it starts with

 #!/bin/bash

I hope this helps

   Ralf