[lug] Star Office 5.2...

J. Wayde Allen wallen at lug.boulder.co.us
Mon Apr 22 14:26:14 MDT 2002

On Mon, 22 Apr 2002 hirsch at zapmedia.com wrote:

> So would it work to add uid and gid options to the mount command?  If
> you mount it so that it is all owned by you maybe that will work.

Don't know.  I am however, curious if the original installation was run
with the net flag?  In other words was the installation done as:

   so-5_2-ga-bin-linux-en.bin

or

   so-5_2-ga-bin-linux-en.bin -net

If done the first way, then the program has to be run as root.  If done
the second way, then each user can run setup to create personal files in
their home accounts.

Haven't been following this too carefully, so perhaps this has already
been mentioned?  Probably won't help if you can't run the program from the
mounted partition as root.

- Wayde
  (wallen at lug.boulder.co.us)