[lug] GANT diagram tool for Linux?

rm at fabula.de rm at fabula.de
Wed Apr 24 08:00:31 MDT 2002

On Wed, Apr 24, 2002 at 07:44:05AM -0600, D. Stimits wrote:
> rm at fabula.de wrote:
> >
> > Does anybody know of a tool to draw
> > GANT diagrams under Linux ?
> >
> > I need to document project task dependencies and
> > couldn't find a good drawing tool to generate GANT
> > diagrams (of course, scriptability would be a bouns :-)
> >
> >    Ralf M.
>
> It definitely isn't all of what you want, but perhaps Dia would work as
> a stopgap tool till you find something more specific. I could see Dia
> being extended to do Gant charts specifically, but it doesn't have
> direct support for it right now, nor have I heard of anyone intent on
> doing so.

Thanks for the answer, but i'm affraid DIA isn't anywhere close to GANT.
If i'd start roling my own, i think dia-canvas would be a good start
(it does support authomatic layout constraints which are esential for Gant :)
Tools i have found so far:

  - MrProject (http://mrproject.codefactory.se)

  - http://www.gnu.org/software/toutdoux

I guess i'll hack on one of these for now ;-)

 Ralf