[lug] Attempted hack from 202.185.243.121

D. Stimits stimits at idcomm.com
Wed Apr 24 09:39:36 MDT 2002

Stephen Queen wrote:

> hirsch at zapmedia.com wrote:
>
> > You have config files?  When I started out we would enter the boot
> > code useing switches on the front panel!
> >

> You had switches!? When I started, the cursor was the clear plastic piece
> with the red index mark that you read the answers from your Pickett with.
> Does anyone else remember when everyone thought that Analog Computers would
> be the wave of the future? Edmund Scientific sold a small one that you
> could build yourself.
> Steve Queen

I wonder if 100 years from now they'll have a similar contest of archaic
history and mention things like keyboards, and bootup time. It would be
rather interesting to see what humor is in store a hundred years from
now, regarding current technology. Who knows, with quantum computing,
perhaps binary will get phased out for base 3 or 4.

D. Stimits, stimits at idcomm.com