[lug] Problems with CDRECORD and SuSE 7.3

Timothy C. Klein teece at silverklein.net
Fri Apr 26 11:14:28 MDT 2002

* Antonio Pagliaro (Antonio.Pagliaro at ifcai.pa.cnr.it) wrote:
> Dear all
>
> I am running Suse 7.3 with kernel 2.4.10 and
> Cdrecord 1.11a05 (i686-suse-linux) (but I also changed
> kernel and cdrecord version with no success, see below)
> My Cd writer is a Waitec Storm 24.
> I have problems writing audio both in dummy
> mode or in real mode.
> I use gcombust or koncd or the command line:
> cdrecord -v -eject fs=4m speed=2 dev=0,0,0 -dao *.wav

My burner, which is admittedly pretty old, fails with a strange message
if I try to write a disk with Disk At Once mode.  Have you tried it
without the '-dao' flag?  Worth a shot.  Not all burners support DAO.

> After that I have to reboot. I can't find a way to solve the problem

It hangs your machine?  That is very odd.  You could also try setting
the 'debug=2' and 'kdebug=2' command line options to 2 or higher and see if it
gives any additional helpful output.

> I tried also to change to cdrecord-1.10 and to cdrecord-1.11a19
> and to update the kernel to 2.4.16 but with no success.
> Always the same error:
> Input/output error. write_g1: scsi sendcmd: retryable error

HTH,
Tim