[lug] OT: network gear

Nate Duehr nate at natetech.com
Fri Apr 26 14:12:05 MDT 2002

On Wed, 2002-04-24 at 22:29, Sean Reifschneider wrote:

> Not exactly.  I'm actually using RAID-1 on two partitions, one of which
> just happens to be on a remote machine.  Then if one machine fails, the
> data is still on the other machine.

Remote mirroring?  Interesting!  VERY NEAT.

Any desire to share how easy/difficult this was to set up and what (if
any) performance hit you take doing it?

Even if it's too "out there" for most folks, congratulations on getting
that up and running -- must have taken a bit of head-scratching to
figure that one out.  That's a really cool example of how flexible Linux
is.

Nate Duehr, nate at natetech.com