[lug] OT: network gear

Sean Reifschneider jafo at tummy.com
Sat Apr 27 00:04:59 MDT 2002

On Fri, Apr 26, 2002 at 02:12:05PM -0600, Nate Duehr wrote:
>Any desire to share how easy/difficult this was to set up and what (if
>any) performance hit you take doing it?

I'm scheduled to give a 10 minute demo on it at some point at BLUG.  Come
and see the violence inherent in the system...

The biggest problem is that the technology isn't widely used right now, and
so I spent probably around 20 hours finding out what works and what
doesn't.  It's pretty interesting though, and really doesn't subject me to
a whole lot of a performance hit.  At one point I found I was getting
12MB/sec across the 100mbps network, and my speed talking to the raw discs
was 19MB/sec, so it wasn't really that bad.

Sean
--
 Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from a rigged demo.