[lug] Someone on this list likely has a windows virus

Warren Sanders sanders at montanalinux.org
Mon Apr 29 13:07:29 MDT 2002

D. Stimits wrote:

>Either someone on this list has a windows virus, or else this list is
>being targeted. Tkil noticed someone sent one of the recent windows
>virii with the header forged to look like me. I just got one forged to
>look like Alan Robertson. I have also received several of what I think
>are Klez virus from non-BLUG sources, the epidemic seems to be started

This seems to be the virus I had last removed from our network before
finally getting NAV installed (just started new job... had to make some
modifications).  We had similar emails blambing another addressbook
member of sending viri.

Now the latest of our satelite offices in the South Americas have had
some old virus infected by an [HTML/MimeExploit.IFRAME].  I think this
was from a 1999 IE exploit.  Maybe the virus is new, I don't know but it
pretty much shut their systems down good.  I have been getting more last
week from export at lufer.com.br... I assume that is Brazil?

These are not infecting us, it's just a pain being the sys admin to get
tons of  warnings from the mail server.

--
Warren Sanders
http://MontanaLinux.Org