[lug] Someone on this list likely has a windows virus

D. Stimits stimits at idcomm.com
Mon Apr 29 13:09:55 MDT 2002

Paul Bille wrote:

> > I am wondering how many people here have received messages
>
> Hello Dan,
>
> I remember seeing something like "Look,my beautiful girl friend"? recently.
> I think it was on either this or one of the other mail lists I monitor
> freeBSD.org or CLUE.  I deleted it without looking at it so I can't say much
> about it.
>
> There is a note on the FreeBSD list at the moment received 4/28/2002 9:09pm
> my time from asayon Re:look, my beutiful girl friend
> YOUR MAIL HAD THE VIRUS Exploit-MIME.gen AND COULD NOT BE CLEANED.
>         by hub.freebsd.org (Postfix) with ESMTP id 7109B37B405
>         for <questions at FreeBSD.org>; Sun, 28 Apr 2002 20:10:57 -0700 (PDT)
>
> Please keep us on the list posted with your findings.

The only reason I saw this is because Tkil sent me an email about a
mystery email from me, and I sent one back wondering what it was.
Looking at the source, it was obvious, but the main window display of
this was blank, so it didn't look like much till the source is viewed
(aside from long downloads). There's one: If you have a long download
for what looks like ordinary email, chances are something big is riding
along.

D. Stimits, stimits at idcomm.com