[lug] Workstation or CUSTOME

John Hernandez John.Hernandez at noaa.gov
Wed May 8 11:39:30 MDT 2002

This probably goes without saying, but be sure to turn off ALL network
servers BEFORE putting the machine on the 'net.  You can use 'netstat
-pan' or 'lsof -i' to see what's on.  Once RPMs are updated, only then
should you turn back on any services that are needed.  To be thorough,
also check the state of services after a reboot (while unplugged from
the 'net).

--

   - John Hernandez - Network Engineer - 303-497-6392 -
  |  National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration   |