[lug] HOSTNAME question

Riggs, Rob RRiggs at doubleclick.net
Thu May 9 09:17:01 MDT 2002

It was probably set by DHCP. You may be using either "pump" or "dhcpcd" as
your DHCP client. Both have man pages that discuss hostname issues, and
"dhcpcd" has a doc directory that may have more information.

Make sure your DHCP client is configured the way it should be. My guess (and
it's only a guess) is that you really do want it to change your host name
and that it is not doing it.

Please let us know if you find the cause of the problem and its solution.

-Rob