[lug] Re: Timezone Problem w/ Postfix on Debian

Matt Armstrong matt at lickey.com
Thu May 9 10:37:23 MDT 2002

"Kyle Moore" <kmoore at mooreimages.com> writes:

> I'm running Debian potato with the timezone correctly
> set. Everything gives me the correct time and timezone except
> Postfix. It timestamps everything with GMT. I can't find a config
> directive that I can set in Postfix to make it read the timezone
> from the system. Any ideas?

The postfix smtpd runs in a chroot jail that has no access to
/etc/localtime or /usr/lib/zoneinfo/localtime.  The Debian
/etc/init.d/postfix script tries to keep the chroot jail up to date
with changes to /etc/localtime, at least in Woody.  So an
"/etc/init.d/postfix stop; /etc/init.d/postfix start" should cure the
problem.

Don't send mail to Kelly.Burton at hole.lickey.com
The address is there for spammers to harvest.