[lug] Linux call center programs?

Shannon Johnston nunar at nunar.com
Fri May 10 10:11:19 MDT 2002

As a linux user in a M$ environment I've done quite a bit of research on
this matter.
I think my most promising lead was Applix. They've got a ticket-tracking
system called iHelpdesk.

I've yet to find a linux client for that system, but the ray of hope is
that Applix is very active in the development of linux apps. This is
done under a separate company called VistaSource. They own and operate
CoSource.com and SmartBreak.com.(I can't get cosource.com to come up.)

About 2 weeks ago I did managse to find a download for the iHelpdesk for
linux (at least that's what it said) but the FTP server hosting it was
down. It was 206.138.127.145.

VistaSource has Applixware, an office suite that might have the
iHelpdesk functions built in.

Shannon