[lug] (no subject)

Ferdinand Schmid fschmid at archenergy.com
Fri May 10 12:07:28 MDT 2002

Brett:
Check if your network interfaces are up and running using the command:
ifconfig

Check your routing tables using the command: route
  You should see your default gateway listed.  On a home network this will
typically be your cable modem or dsl router.

Check your name resolution, which is stored in the file /etc/resolv.conf.
It should list the DNS servers that your ISP gave you in the format:
nameserver xx.xx.xx.xx (one entry per line)

Hope this helps,
Ferdinand

--
Ferdinand Schmid